Friday, June 24, 2011

Acorn Hunting

Sometimes I wish I could stop the clock from ticking.  I hate having an anxious feeling or feeling like I am so pressed for time.  In Nick's career I come across this feeling more often than I would like to and you would think that I would get used to it or that it would slowly just get easier.  It never does.  I dread packing up my house again or worse...unpacking it without my packing partner.

I am not going to get all sad or feeling sorry for myself because I am about to do something that just a couple of shorts months ago I did not know for sure if I would ever do again. That's endure (I mean enjoy) another baseball season.  After Nick got surgery on his shoulder we were not sure if he would play again and he pitched in his second game yesterday! In his very own words, "Only God could have brought me this far."  We will be hitting the road next week and saying goodbye to our home in Arizona which we have actually really grown to love.  Nick has always hated being in Arizona during the season because if you're here it means you're hurt. I think we can look at Arizona in a new light now because it is also where you get healed :)

Mason asks us all the time when he can go to his Arkansas home. I asked him a few nights ago why he wanted to go to Arkansas so bad and he said "I just dont like the shoo flies."  Shoo flies to Mason are just normal house flies but I thought it was funny that he thinks there wont be any in Arkansas.  

 This is the boys "acorn hunting" in our backyard.  There are actually a ton of them although I have not figured out where exactly they come from.  Not the most kid friendly backyard, but a great place for "abentures" as Mason calls them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved