Saturday, May 14, 2011

Timing is Everything

I took a while this morning to catch up on a couple of Keypoint's sermons on Miracles that I have missed since we have been gone.  I love being able to watch them online so in between my travels I dont feel like I've missed anything. In the service from Mother's day our pastor's wife helped deliver the message and a point that she made during the service really jumped out at me. She said "God is always on time even when I think He is late." 

Nick and I started talking about how true this has been in our lives.  Both in our situation now and in the past, there have been HUGE moments in our lives where we feel like we were looking down at our watches going, "Come on God, you really should have shown up by now." The truth is, He was probably looking at us, waving his hands in our faces saying "Hello! Right here dummies! Calm it down and trust in my plan." haha....ok, he probably didn't call us dummies, but maybe.

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Mason. I was well overdue for a good wake up call but at the time I thought maybe a little slap in the wrist would have been more appropriate. Really God? A baby? Let's go agead and just change EVERYTHING about life as I knew it. The timing could not have been worse. I was up for another year on Pom at the U of A, Nick was due to be drafted. We had really important things to do. ha! Now I look at my life and just say "Wow, God really knew what he was doing there." What if I had not trusted in God's timing and took things into my own hands. I cannot even imagine life without my husband and two sons.  Like the song says- If God's grace is an ocean, we are all sinking. So true.

So in this life we call baseball an injury is always an unwelcomed guest in anyone's career.  After already going through elbow surgery in 2008 another one came along this year, we not only questioned God's timing but his plan for us.  Is this really what we are supposed to be doing? Is it worth the separation and the rehab and so on to keep chasing this? We thought man, what a crummy time for an injury.We really needed a good year this year. Again, God waving his hands in our faces. "Hey dummies, over here! My timing is so much better than your own." Never thought I'd say this, but this injury has been one of the most positive things that has ever happened to us as a family. (lets not tell Nick i said that) Just kidding, he would 100% agree with me.  There were a lot of things in our lives that needed to be tended to and God gave us an open door to walk through to get them taken care of.  Not just in our lives, but in Nick's career as well. I have never been so positive that he is going to do great things in baseball.  Thank you Jesus for this beautiful opportunity. 

Ok, so an update on him while Im at it. He started throwing the baseball again on Monday of this week and is pain free! Thank you Jesus for healing....in your own time, not ours.  We still have a long road ahead of us but we are trusting in God's plan for Nick and our family.  So for now, enjoying this time together before he goes back to play in just a few weeks.  I am so proud of my husband for never giving up and working so hard.

2 comments:

  1. we are so proud of you guys & love you!! God's is never early nor late... always "on time" :) Cheering for Nick in my prayers for him to STAY pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-said, Jill. Boy, don't I know that feeling, too! We sure miss you guys. Tell Nick we are rooting for him.

    The Bramells

    ReplyDelete



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved