Saturday, April 30, 2011

Always better when we're together

Wanna know how much I really hate the storm season? Enough that since my last post I pulled my kid out of preschool, loaded up my stuff, my kids, my dog and moved to Arizona! See ya later storms, I'm soaking up the sun now. Ok, ill explain. Nick underwent a shoulder surgery and instead of spending the several weeks of rehab apart from each other we decided to take advantage of the situation and come spend the time with him as a family.
I left Arkansas right in time for the flood.  My dad called the second day of our drive to tell me that my neighborhood was under 18 inches of water! I am smiling thinking about how perfect my timing was in leaving. We decided on a Sunday that I would bring the boys out and 8 days later we had housing taken care of, everything packed and loaded, and we were on the road. 
Thus far in Nick's career we feel like no matter what we do or where we go, whether it be major or minor, something somewhere is bound to go wrong.  We have dealt with it pretty well and have kind of learned to take it all in stride and expect the unexpected.  We were planning on having a little difficulty finding housing on such short notice, fully furnished, allows a dog, and a month by month lease.  Guess what? The first place we called said we could move in the next day.
So 8 days and a 19 hr drive later, we made it. No professional athlete ever wants to have surgery, but in every trial comes a blessing.  We expected months apart from each other and here we are spending the next two months together.  Its just always better when we're together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved