Sunday, July 17, 2011

This is Baseball...

Nick finally completed his 12 week rehab from his shoulder surgery back in April.  He threw in several games in the Arizona league and he is back pitching in California now.  He is doing well and feeling good! It has been really nice to see all of our friends in Lake Elsinore and catch up with everyone, although we do miss our friends who are playing elsewhere :)

I have been a little "out of the game" for a while...meaning, I haven't been sitting in the stands with my kiddos since we have been in Arizona rehabbing. Last year Drake was still little enough that he would sit through most of the game in his infant carrier and sleep through about half of it.  Things are MUCH different this year.  I am packing more, moving around a lot more, and am completely exhausted by the end of the game.

Just to name a few- here are some of what I pack to take to a game. 1) mason's backpack. Inside of it will be 4 fruit snacks, 2 packages of crackers, 2 sippy cups of water, a bag of suckers, a bag of some other sort of snacks, about 10 matchbox cars, paper and pens so they can color, Masons lightning mcqueen sticker booklet, and any other randomness we can throw in to make it a little heavier. 2)Drake's backpack. Inside of it will be diapers, wipes, diaper bags, pacifiers, tylenol, a hat, and a jacket.  3) My purse- inside of it is way too much for me to mention. 4) My camera bag- this is actually another backpack. 5) Mason's Thunder Paw that he wears on his hand so he can wave at daddy. 6) There is not always a 6, but last night I had a Target back filled with other random items and some jackets and a blanket.  7) My stroller- I have been leaving it in the car but I have to take it in case desperate times call for desperate measures and I just have to push Drake around the whole game. Can you please just imagine what it looks like when somebody has to go to the bathroom and I have to load all this stuff up and carry it to the restroom so no one steals it? Thank goodness for nice people who sometimes offer to help.

California is 2 hours earlier in time so we have had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the time change. Also, the games start at 7pm so we have had to adjust our nap schedule to where the boys can make it until around 11pm. Gosh, just typing that makes me cringe. They are usually in bed at 8 at home so this is pretty hard on them....and me. We are 3 games down and holding up, hoping it will get easier everyday. 

We are just so grateful to be here. We are so blessed that Nick has been able to come back from both of his surgeries and play again. Nothing short of God's amazing grace.  I am trying to focus on that and not on what a huge production it has become for me and the boys to make it through 3 hrs of baseball everyday.

Several people have asked for an update on my beautiful baby niece. Charlette made it home from the hospital yesterday!!! She was in the hospital for a total of 12 days but she was a trooper and pulled through and is now safe at home.  Thank you so much for everyone who was praying with me for her progress. Another answered prayer - God is so good.

If you want to follow Nick the remainder of the season you can do so by visiting stormbaseball.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved