Monday, July 25, 2011

Road Trip

We just got home from a 3 day road trip to Lancaster, CA. Nick was pitching in the Saturday night game so I decided to load up the kids and make a weekend out of it. We are exhausted but we are so glad we got to go and watch Nick pitch another great game and spend some quality time together....in tight quarters.

We were so blessed that it worked out that we did not have to pay for an extra hotel room for the weekend because Nicks trainer was nice enough to work that for us.  BUT- all 4 of us in the same room makes for some interesting sleeping arrangements.  Trying to get a 4 yr old and an almost 2 yr old to take a nap in the same room together is near impossible. After about an hour of playing peekaboo with each other they finally did fall asleep but only until one of them woke up early or had to go to the bathroom or got too hot or heard a loud noise or someone sneezed or something else along those lines.  Then we were up and headed to the ballpark again...

Lancaster is a very windy place. I only packed enough clothes for three games so what I packed is what I had to wear. My sundress choice was not one of my best ideas.  Spent most of the game holding my dress down and when I would let go of it, it was only for a second while I combed my hair out of my face.  Today the game was at 11 am so I was actually grateful for the wind since we were in the heat of the day but none the less....still a little annoying. 

I met some really interesting people this weekend at the games.  Some were really nice, some were really not nice.  A little girl even got up in Mason's face and yelled "We are not playing with you!" She's lucky I didnt get a hold of her. Nobody should talk to my sweet little angel that way. haha. I told Nick after the game last night that the fans there were either "super fans" or just downright mean.  We were riding in the car laughing and talking about how one day we are going to look back at all of these memories and laugh.  Our hotel was even conveniently located right nextdoor to the California State Prison, no big deal, I bet the people in there are all real nice :)

Tomorrow we have an off day! WooooHoooo! So looking forward to a day free of baseball and just relaxing with some friends by the pool.  Glad to be back in our Host home, and if you think about it this week,  send up a prayer for our host mom, Mel. She lost her father this past week. Such a sweet lady and great friend.

If you want to see how Nick did his last outing you can check it out at stormbaseball.com. or you can just trust me when I tell you that he is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved