Monday, October 3, 2011

Home is Where Your Husband Is

Just a little less than a week ago we arrived to our new temporary home in Phoenix.  We will be here for a total of 7 weeks while Nick plays in the Arizona fall league.  For some reason this move stressed me out a little more than some of our past trips.  I was hesitant to take Mase out of preschool. I hated that he had to leave his soccer team.  Spending money on housing gives me anxiety when I know we could be saving it if me and the boys stayed at home.  I prayed and prayed asking God to show me what I needed to do. Silly thing to do really when I know that my responsibility lies with my husband and that ultimately our goal in this life we call baseball is to be together whenever it is possible.  So did I really need to stress about it? No. People often tell me "I bet you are glad to be home for a while." Well, truthfully, no....not if my husband isn't there with me. So.....Here we are in sunny, brutally hot, Phoenix, AZ.

We have been doing the temporary housing thing for several years now.  We have learned most of the "what to do" and "what not to do" of finding rentals.  This is our 5th short term, fully furnished (whatever that means) home.  You never really know what "fully furnished" means.  In the past we had a home that came with EVERYTHING, even a stocked refrigerator when we arrived. And then there was the one that literally had mattresses, a couch, and a dining room table. So I usually come prepared bringing what I have learned that most "fully furnished" places do not come with....trashcans and vacuums! We are fortunate this time. This place had both, plus much more.  Although it did not have electricity when we got here...all I can say about that is HOT.

So I mentioned earlier that I was stressing out about taking Mason away from his soccer team. Well, I tried to find a soccer team for him out here and couldnt find one. But what I did find was TeeBall! Hello Jesus, thank you for your blessings :)  Nick has always said how he hates that he would never be able to see mason play teeball or baseball because it would always be during his season (as long as he's playing.) So I am happy to report that Mason had his first teeball game on Saturday and Daddy was sitting front row. After masons first hit, he did run to third instead of first....Yes, this from a child who has sat through more baseball games in 4 years than most people in their entire lives.

Mr. Drake will be turning two next week. Can't hardly believe it. He is talking up a storm.  He really loves airplanes and baseball. He randomly points at Nick and says "baseball." He just got his first "at home daddy buzzcut." This was much to my dismay of course.  I love his baby curls and want them back but Nick says I have to wait until I have a girl and I can do whatever I want with her hair.  So when I ask Drake if mommy should have a baby his response is "No babies peesh." (please)

I kind of have a whole lot of time on my hands, so Ill be updating more frequently. Go Javelinas! (Nicks team, which oddly enough is actually a razorback, so I guess I could just stick with Go Hogs)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are here!!! And it has cooled WAY down! We should do lunch or something this weekend - that's when I have the most free time! Just shoot me a text! 903-280-1842

    ReplyDelete



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved